Saturday, May 25, 2013

...But, Do You Dig Me When You're Sober? (part 3)

Two weeks pass.

I'm working and it's late and lo and behold, she shows up from thin air. I ask her where she went that night instead of my apartment and replied something along the lines of she kind of got cold feet at the last minute and ducked out to a friends house to get high. She fell asleep and then just went home. It wouldn't be the first time I would have heard this explanation.

The next day, there's a note left on the windshield of my car. She wants to see me again, and this time promises no ducking out or anything. Yeah, whatever I tell myself as I get in the car and set the note in the passenger seat. Her phone number is on the note, so reluctantly I call it, thinking that this is probably a non-working number.

She answers after the third ring, and we proceed to make small talk. She rambles on about how she enjoyed that night, how relaxing and refreshing it all was to her. She was really going out of her way to butter me up, but I kept wincing because her voice projects Fran Drescher in the deep south visual. I tell her I'm open to getting together for the proverbial dinner and the movie date, because I know there's something there on a sexual level that I would be an idiot not to seize. She agrees that we should do the date, but then surprises me when she arrives knocking on my door a couple hours later. I thought I told her in a couple of days, but I won't squash any enthusiasm. Maybe this girl DID dig me...

So once again, in my apartment, we are sitting there making small talk, delaying what we really want to do, to come off as if we're each more about the whole person than the sex. The delusion breaks shortly after all topics of conversation had been exhausted, and the embrace and the kissing picks up from that night in the bar. Heated and sloppy, like two novices attempting a professional sport. My immediate problem is I am in the 4th gear of gratification. I want to remove clothes and begin things proper but she wants to go nice and slow.

"I'm not a slut," she moans as her skin flushes out red while I kiss her neck. I manage one hand up her shirt, slowly circling her right breast with my hand, while my other hand is placed on her crotch. It's like I'm some chef checking on the oven to make sure it's heating up properly. Her hand is rested in my lap, trailing up towards the belt, when...

A knock on the front door.

She gets away from me and leans towards the other side of the couch. I get up, trying to think of every mundane and rather cold thing to myself to reduce the erection I was sporting too obviously. The knock goes off again. I get to the door and unlock it and then I see..

My ex-girlfriend.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment