Sunday, June 2, 2013

Muses & Inspriation

The muse which spurs me to write takes many different and varied forms. Sometimes, it's another person that I'm sharing life and spanning time with. Other times, it's a situation that has tapped into the wellspring of creativity. The last significant event that spurred this much writing was when a relationship with a woman ended and it was emotionally devastating. I wrote for a full month. It was pretty creative, though, not necessarily good.

Currently though, my muse is in somewhat a better place these days. It's in the form of a very good friend, confidant, and other assorted adjectives that I feel a deep fondness for, and, stepping away from creativity for just a second, someone I feel a voluminous connection with.

Have you ever gotten to know someone and their likes and dislikes somewhat match yours? Their passions are in close proximity's with yours? Those are the best connections in life, because it seems the legwork and time and effort you spend to get this point alone is hulk leaped over in one moment. Not only that, but, in their company, you strive to be better. They bring out the best, or the closest equivalent of the best in you. You realize their significance in your life grow greater as time passes, and you know that however things pan out, regardless what the future holds in it's hands, you will be forever changed and marked by the time and association you spent with that person.

My muse has me inspired to make written art daily. Maybe it's due to the fact she's herself an artist, or maybe it's due to the fact that she actually took time to read, to listen and to encourage. I'm sure she would most likely say the latter being that she never seems to be at want for a spotlight of attention. I'm thankful that I've gotten to spend time and words with her. I may not likely have ever gathered the courage to write stuff and publicize it if there wasn't encouragement from her. As a friend on twitter said to me about posting blogs, sometimes it's the equivalent of yelling into the void.

So for all this, I got to thank Lisa. You are a vital component in my creative process and awesome person in you're own right. It's been a privilege the past few months. Here's hoping that someday we can collaborate together in the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment